Are you running your own business?
Congratulations! Do you market your product/service online?
– Yes! We do.
Oh, that’s great! So, how do you promote your product/service online?
– It’s simple! Mostly through “Search Engine Marketing (SEM)” and “Social Media Marketing (SMM)”.
Don’t you have a “Mobile First Marketing Strategy”?
– No! What is that? How does it work? Where to get it? Is it a new marketing strategy? Who else does it? When should we……………
Wait wait wait! Too many questions about “Mobile First Marketing Strategy”! Now before I describe about it, let me share some trivia with you.
- Do you know, there are more than 200 million MOBILE internet users worldwide!
- More than 130 million connected SMARTPHONES.
- 65% MOBILE only internet users by 2015.
- More than 50% overall searches on Google are from MOBILE.
- MOBILE internet penetration is forecast to reach 71% by 2019.
- 192 countries have active 3G MOBILE networks, which cover almost 50% of the global population.
- There are well over 1 million APPS available, which have been downloaded more than 100 billion times.
- There are more than 3 billion APP downloads per year and people spend 86% SMARTPHONE time on APPS.
- While there are at least five MOBILE platforms, Android has an 84% share of SMARTPHONES, and 72% of tablets.
(*** Authentic data by Google and Global Internet Report 2015 by Internet Society)
Are you surprised by these stats? Have you noticed one thing that all these stats indicating the increasing demand and craze for MOBILE and APPS? Do you have a dedicated strategy only for the MOBILE users? If not, then this is the time to react patrons! The trend says it all to focus the FIRST priority on MOBILE strategy. Why don’t you make it and give it a name called “Mobile FIRST Strategy”.
In the era of Inbound Marketing your consumers are proactive to knock your door by themselves. Where you are already focused to create the relevancy with the queries of your consumers, make it a habit of winning with constantly connected consumers. Yes, you got it right! I am talking about billions of those potential consumers who are always online from their mobile device.
Now let us talk about some core strategy. You can build your MOBILE FIRST MARKETING STRATEGY based on these three segments:
- WIN WITH THE RIGHT MOBILE PRESENCE
- WIN WITH SIGNALS
- WIN WITH ENGAGEMENT
WIN WITH THE RIGHT MOBILE PRESENCE:
According to the headlines, the mobile web is dead given the time spent on apps. Apps are now told to be the backbone of mobile usage:
On mobile, entertainment and social apps dominate time, but sites catch the bulk of transactions:
So, what have you decided patron? App or Site? Or Both?
WIN WITH SIGNALS:
No! Certainly not! I’m not talking about mobile operator’s network signal. Then what this signal is all about? These are:
Turn signals into insights for targeting and segmentation
Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder… Apps in context: Only a few bright stars
60% of apps have never been downloaded
95% of apps are abandoned within a month
20% are only used once
Use app store signals to target app users better:
Acquire customers across mobile apps and sites:
Smart segmentation is the key to better engagement. Segmentation adds value if it enables differentiated bids or messages.
Engage past site visitors across the mobile web:
Drive users back into your app, once installed: